Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Why I Love #2: When It Gets Dark at 5:00

...
So I know there's apparently a whole facebook group that's dedicated to "hating when it gets dark at 5:00". However, I actually LOVE when the days start getting darker. I don't actually have a reason for this. Maybe it's because there's a certain feeling that you get when you think "oh, it's getting dark soon... I have to hurry home". By having a longer night (that is darker and scarier) to contrast with, it makes the thought of home a lot more comforting. There's also that thrill that you get when you're with friends at night & you know that you'll be safe as long as you stay together. Often, when I am outside alone at night, it feels very romantic and inspiring- although I always wish that I had a friend with me. Watch Avril Lavigne's "I'm With You" or Queensberry's "I Can't Stop Feeling" music videos if you want to understand what feeling I'm talking about. Maybe I should feature them as Pop Songs of the Day later =D Overall, I love when it gets dark at 5:00; although come summer, I will probably like the longer days.

Photo credit: Nicolas Perriault's Flickr.
...

No comments:

Post a Comment