Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Lesley Roy - I'm Gone, I'm Going

~Pop Song of the Day #47~

Meet Lesley Roy, a 23 year-old pop singer-songwriter and guitarist from Balbriggan in Dublin, Ireland. According to Wikipedia, her genre is power pop. I don't listen to much of that genre (I generally listen to pop music), but her songs are absolutely amazing. I happened to listen to her song "I'm Gone, I'm Going" one day and I <3'd it. Just listen once!! It's probably one of the best break-up / feel good song ever! Lesley Roy's debut and only album was released in 2008 to mild chart success. I have no idea what she's doing now, but hopefully another album is on the way! The songs on the old one reminded me of Pink a little, but they were all sort of rock-ish and really good.

No comments:

Post a Comment