Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Kerli - Tea Party

~Pop Song of the Day #45~

You can't be serious.. you haven't heard of Kerli?! She's one of my favorite singers ever!! & don't even try to call her a Lady Gaga copy-cat. Look up Kerli's song "Walking on Air" from her debut album.. it is awesome. Kerli Koiv is a 23 year-old Estonian singer-songwriter who is known for her electro-pop / pop-rock style and her album "Love Is Dead"- which charted in the Billboard 200 at #126 in the summer of 2008. In Estonia, they apparently have a "Kerli syndrome" named after her: go to Wikipedia to read more about it. I was SO excited when I found out that she had 2 songs on the new Alice in Wonderland sountrack. I definitely have to go buy it now.. I would say that her style is sort of a goth-pop, and I really hope she become more successful in the US =D

No comments:

Post a Comment