Saturday, August 28, 2010

Katy Perry - Teenage Dream

~Pop Song of the Day #59~

You should know who Katy Perry is already. It seems like it's been forever since I heard her amazing song Hot N Cold for the first time. She was never one of my fave singers though. Personally, I thought she lacked a distinct personal style- besides for her suggestive song titles, of course. To be honest, I didn't like California Girls much at all. Sure, it was catchy like most disposable pop songs are, but there was absolutely no point / feeling to the song. Even dance-pop singers who sing with absolutely no emotion still need some sort of subject matter for their songs. Teenage Dream, her new single, is the exact opposite, and I <3 it. The lyrics are instantly relatable and personal, and there's actual emotion behind it- unlike CA Girls. Listen to it if you haven't heard it on the radio already.

No comments:

Post a Comment