Sunday, February 7, 2010

Girl's Generation - Gee

~Pop Song of the Day #33~

So I admit that I don't know that much about Girl's Generation. I don't know much about Korean girlbands in general, since I don't live in Korea. However, they have begun to increase in popularity in the US recently- particularly because of website like Youtube where anyone can view music videos. Many of my friends in the US are fans of Girl's Generation (also called SNSD) even though they aren't Korean. From this song, Gee (their comeback single / one of their hits), it is easy to tell why they have such cross-over appeal. I would love if they were able to release songs overseas & get a fanbase here like other Asian artists BoA and Wonder Girls. One thing that many first-time listeners wonder about is how 9 girls in one girl group are able to get along. Well, the answer is that they share singing roles (unlike PCD), live together, and have become friends with each other. Enjoy the song =D

No comments:

Post a Comment